Is there a glass with a low self-explosion rate, consistent color, high visible light transmittance, good permeability using advanced technology? Twenty years ago, it was a question I must answer you: how could it be?
But with the innovation of technology, original incredible technology has become a reality. Such glass has now been used everywhere in our daily buildings. It makes you often mistakenly think that there is no obstruction in front, ultra-white glass, aka low iron glass. Let me explain why it is expensive among other regular glass.
What is the low iron glass?
Ultra-white glass, also known as low-iron glass and high-transparent glass, is ultra-transparent low-iron glass. It can reach a high light transmittance of more than 91.5%, has crystal clear, known as the “Crystal Prince” of the glass family. It is a high-grade glass variety of high-quality, multi-functional features.
Ultra-white glass has superior physical, mechanical, and optical properties. At the same time, it has all the processing properties of high-quality float glass to allow for various deep processing.
Such features make ultra-white glass having a broad application space and bright market prospects. At present, only a few companies in the world master the production technology of ultra-white glass. Therefore, using ultra-white glass is a symbol of the luxury identity of the building.
How to identify ultra-white glass
Recommended tools: camera, mobile phone, flashlight
- Use a photographed mobile phone flash function to check if it has a substantial degree of lighting from the side of the glass.
- The genuine super white cylinder can see the seam of the lower glass by light from the cutting surface of the glass. You can see the bottom of the cylinder. And the unqualified super-white cylinder, the surface is green, and the light transmittance is poor.
What’s the advantage of ultra-white glass
- The self-explosion rate of glass is low in the ultra-white glass raw material; the internal impurity is minor due to the fine control of raw material melting, which dramatically leads to the low chance of self-explosion after being temperance.
- Color consistency Since the iron content in the raw material is only 1/10 or less of the ordinary glass, the green band of the super white glass is less absorbed in the glazing of the visible ultra-white glass, ensuring the consistency of the glass color.
- The visible light transmittance is high, the permeability is greater than 91.5%, with clear crystal quality. With ultra-white glass, the exhibition product is much clearer in people’s eyes, and it can highlight the authentic original appearance of the exhibit products.
- High market, strong profitability, production control is complex, and relatively strong profitability. The higher quality determines its higher price, which is 1 to 2 times the ordinary glass. The cost is not instead that high as regular glass. The technical barrier is relatively high, with a high value.
The primary category of ultra-white glass
Solar ultra-white patterned glass
Solar ultra-white pressure glass components can maximize solar cells’ radiation heat and significantly increase the photoelectric conversion efficiency of solar cells. This glass can simultaneously resist the radiation of the solar ultraviolet rays, but the light transmittance does not decrease, which is more efficiently extending the cover glass’s life.
Ultra-white transparent flat glass
Ultra-white transparent flat glass (commonly known as “crystal glass”) is a new type of transparent flat glass product developed and manufactured, which uses high technical means to oxidize during the preferred and processing of raw materials. Iron is effective in plate glass, having a very low iron compound in a fuse and forming process of the flat glass. Ultra-white transparent flat glass has similar appearance characteristics with colorless crystals. No matter from the front or the side, there is no green visual effect as the generic flat glass, and it is also better in the level of transparency.